Print this page

AGM 2016 Minutes

Item

Minute

Action

 

Meeting was opened at 2.07pm by the Chairman Mr Andrew Park.

 

Opening comments:

 

NYSFA Life President – Mr Eddie Roberts remarks

I am thrilled that NYSFA have had a splendid season. In particular, I salute John Wharton, his management team and the squad who did so well. Have a good meeting and another splendid season.

 

NYSFA President – Mr Michael Mastrolonardo Opening Remarks

Meeting was opened by Mike thanking those in attendance.  Thanks were passed to the secretary for organising and a welcome to Dave Prothero who comes on board with NYCSFA bringing a wealth of experience.  There was a summary of the U16 & 18 seasons with feedback on trials and matches, including squad size, dates and use of players during games.  Funding issues were highlighted and the use of the administrator grant from the ESFA is something we need to look at closely.

 

 

1

Attendance.                                

Andy Park – (LLS & Chairman)Rich Davis (Scalby & Sec), Aidan Pass – SJF (U18 Manager), Dom Wilson – LLS, John Wharton – Thirsk (U16 Manager), Phil Tuplin – Boroughbridge (U16 Manager), Mike Mastrolonardo – CCW (President), Tony Teasdale – Life Member, Mark Willoughby – Manor (Y&S Sec), Dave Prothero – Vice Chairman, Mark Wood – Arch Bishop Holgates, Paul Bolland – QE, Neil Fryirs – Norton College, James Gunn – Ebor (Filey) Academy, Stephen Speak – Ermysteds, Nev Wharrier – Life Member

 

 

2

Apologies for absence

Eddie Roberts – (Life President), Phil Crowther - Treasurer, Ashley Atkinson – KJS, Darren Beattie – Stokesley, John Liley – Cundall Manor, Lee Wilson – Harrogate High, Phil Marwood – Ryedale, Jonathan Kellett – Richmond, Martin Bell – Graham School, Nigel Currie – Huntington, Nick Dale – Barlby, Matt Brown – York Rep Sec, Mark Fenton – Rossett, Jack Marley – SFX, Derek Block – Selby High, Andy Raw – Eskdale, Martyn Coombs – Bedale (CWO), Rob Solk – Tadcaster, Andy Worrell – GPS (SDSFA Sec), Dan Bird – Rossett (H&C Sec), Jay Rowley – Malton Sports, Ryan Smith – Harrogate Grammar, Jon Bielby – Bedale, Andy Bell – Bootham, Tom Green – Malton School

 

3

Minutes of the last meeting.  (Distributed by Secretary via e-mail).

Matters Arising:

Meeting minutes from last year agreed as a true reflection and proposed by RDA and seconded by Tony Teasdale

 

4

Secretaries Report (Distributed via e-mail)

  • Read by RDA
  • Explanation of some sections but no further comments

 

 

5

 Treasurer’s Report

At last discussion with Phil there was around £2700 in the account with the U15 expenses still to be dealt with. 

Phil was unable to make the meeting on Health grounds but sent his apologies and will publish a report for the website.

RDA suggested Andy Raw from Eskdale to support Phil to allow some succession planning of the Treasurers post.

 

Thanks were again given to Phil for the continued hard work he does on our behalf.

 

6

Election of Officers

 

President: Mike Mastrolonardo (Caedmon College Whitby)

Chairperson: Andy Park (LLS)

Vice-Chariman: Dave Prothero (proposed by RDA seconded by Mike Mastrolonardo)

Secretary: Richard Davis (Scalby)

Competition Secretary: Jay Rowley (Girls) – Malton Sports, Boys – U13/14 Andy Park, U15 Mike Mastrolonardo, U16 Mark Willoughby, U18 Cup – RDA, U19 League John Wharton

Treasurer: Phil Crowther

Life Members: No new additions

U15/U16 Managers: John Wharton (Thirsk), Will Whitford & Phil Tuplin (Boroughbridge)

U18 Managers: Aidan Pass (SJF), Ryan Smith (HGS)???

CWO: Martyn Coombs

U12 5-a-side Comp: Phil Tuplin (Boroughbridge)

Team Physio: Sean Tasker

 

S&D Sec: Andy Worrell

H&C Sec: Dan Bird???? -

Y&S Sec: Matt Brown / Mark Willoughby

H&R Sec: Lee Wasden

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

RDA to contact D.Bird re: H&C

7

Area Reports: (Provided by Area Secretaries)

S&D – Andy Worrell –  Distributed at the meeting and on the website

 

H&C – Dan Bird – Sent apologies for not attending and report requested

 

Y&S – Mark Willoughby – Distributed at the meeting and on the website

 

Thanks from Mark Wood and the York Schools for the effort and work put in by Mark Willoughby on their behalf.

 

H&R – Lee Wasden – Distributed at the meeting and on the website

 

Thanks to all secretaries for their hard work across the county getting district football running and reporting on the football.  Also for the data collection task for the ESFA.

D.Bird to send to RDA for website

 

 

 

 

 

 

8

Team Manager Reports:

U16: Report by John Wharton

  • Discussed and reviewed by John Wharton
  • Communication between NYSFA and parents is good and that makes a positive start to all fixtures
  • Very positive season where the side narrowly missed out on the NC semi-finals on goal difference and had an excellent National Cup run finishing runners-up.
  • Thanks from John to Will and Phil for their support

 

Thanks to John, Will and Phil for all their hard work last season.  Also Sean for his support as physio.

 

U18: Report by Aidan Pass

  • Discussed and reviewed the season

 

Final thanks from all at NYSFA for the efforts and commitment to all who are involved with the rep sides at U15, 16 &18 age groups.

 

 

 

9

NYSFA Constitution:

 

RDA has sent out the constitution that was adopted in 2014 for checking and updating. 

This needs to be agreed and adopted as still fit for purpose.

Proposed by Dave Prothero and Seconded by Andy Park with the following agreed changes:

  • NYSFA needs to be NYCSFA
  • Changes to officers would need to be with a 4 week notice as point 9.

 

 

10

Affiliation

  • Continued at £40 per school charged to areas.  This will be sent out by RDA as per last year.
  • Current method of collection works well and thanks to District secretaries for organising.

 

 

Agreed £40

 

RDA to resend affiliation requests to Dist Secs

11

Administrator Grants from the ESFA:

 

  • Possibility of the grant being applied for and Jay Rowley being the person in charge.
  • Dave Prothero explained some of the ins and outs of the grants and the longer term funding coming from the ESFA.
  • A large sponsor could solve the funding problems and this could be something the administrator spends their time seeking.

 

RDA to discuss further with Jay Rowley.

RDA to send out Admin paperwork.

12

County Cups

U12 5-a-side Winners

U13 BOYS –  Huntington      -      U13 GIRLS – Malton

U14 BOYS –   St Aidans   -       U14 GIRLS – St John Fisher

U15 BOYS – Richmond

U16 BOYS – Rossett     -     U16 GIRLS – All Saints

U19 CUP – Harrogate Grammar School

U19 League Trophy – Queen Ethelburga’s

Congratulations to all winners of Cup competition

 

Thanks to all those who took part this year’s competitions.  The games were generally played in the right spirit and results and deadlines were met on most occasions, with the terrible weather that was a great effort.  All the competitions had an end result, with the senior final again being held at Bootham Cresent.  Thanks to York City FC.

 

Agreed action on Finals in ensure a consistent experience:

  • Neutral venue of local league standard eg. Pickering Town FC
  • Referee and Assistants provided – NYCSFA to fund
  • Trophy for the winner to keep and certificates for all players
  • Programme for each final to be produced

 

RDA to send out entries to District Secretaries.

 

Certificate template to be produced for all finals.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13

County Trials

U16 – Saturday 17th September @ Thirsk School 10am-12.30pm

U18 – Wednesday 21st September @ Easingwold School 10am arrival – 10.45am start – 2pm finish.

 

  • U16 trials will take place as before with the current U15 squad being invited and then further nominations from schools to RDA for this trial.
  • U18 trials to move back to a Wednesday considering the turn out on a Saturday this year.  All districts to send a side with District Secretaries.

 

We still need to support students from Harrogate in attending these trials in particular the U18 age group as this is the district least represented in recent years.

District secretaries to organise U18 sides for the Wednesday trial

 

RDA to email out reminders of dates in September

 

RDA to confirm Easingwold with Jonathan Marwood

14

AOB

E-mail additions requested from N.Fryirs, W Whitford and J Gunn.

 

 

15

Dates of future meetings

AGM –  Wednesday 7th June 2017 @ LLS 2-4pm

 

Thanks to all for coming and especially LLS for hosting.

 

 

Minutes to be sent out ASAP